Tuesday, November 20, 2007

for the BIBLE tells me so

The video below shows the trailer for a movie I'm looking forward to seeing. The LGBT (lesbian gay bisexual and transgender) community is sponsoring the showing of "for the BIBLE tells me so" at The Lyric (a local renovated beautiful historic theater). It will look into the way the church views homosexuality and how for so long people have used (manipulated) the Bible to support their hate crimes...



i think the best part about what this movie will have to say is God loves us no matter what... no matter if we are homosexual (Leviticus 18:22) or even if we eat shrimp (Leviticus 11: 9-12)

Jesus is Truth and Love and Life not Damnation and Hate and Death





on a brighter note -- I went to see "Into the Wild" last night at the Lyric--













free popcorn night and only 4 dollar tickets... you can't beat that!! It was one of the best movies I've ever seen... I'd read bits of the book on one of my evening/nights spent at Borders(in Raleigh) drinking hot chocolate and reading books and not buying them :)

brilliant movie... beautiful soundtrack... don't miss it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Into the Wild - (loved both the book and movie). The movie made me want to visit the places that he traveled ....

Kaylyn said...

Can't wait to see this movie- we may have to wait until its on video- but very excited to see it!

Mike G. said...

The LGBT? Maybe Ben Schwartz was right.