Monday, September 29, 2008

FoamHenge

Foamhenge... our own replica of Stonehenge in our small town American backyard.

the educational value was priceless.

Apparently one of the theories of Stonehenge was that it was created by magic! This impeccable representation of Merlin creating Stonehenge was amazing. It was created by a "death mask" of a 60 year old man. Read the sign for details.

This WARNING sign was very helpful...
it certainly kept us from being tempted to mess with the "art work".


I was a little nervous though and kept a lookout on our car. There was also a moment there where I thought I may have lost Darryl! Luckily he hadn't gone too far off... he was just so overcome by the beauty of the landscape that he had to take a moment to himself.

it certainly was a magical place.... we were overcome by the romantic setting and couldn't help but take a special kiss in such a special place.

what a great little tourist trap...


be sure to check it out on your way to The Natural Bridge

nothing like a sweet slice of Americana...

1 comment:

Brandon said...

we pass this on the way to Kathryn's mom's house, and every time she tells me that we cannot go because it's lame.

While I realize that I'm a dork, I do have to say that I'm jealous of your trip!